Just another free Blogger theme

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 10, 2014

One of the interesting parts of what I do is finding unique and different ways to do things. In this case, I needed to find a way to attach the screening to the arched screen door (or it wouldnt be a screen door, right?)!
Ive found a fairly new product at our local Home Depot - a pvc stop material that comes in 12 lengths, and is pretty flexible. It is 3/4" wide, so it matches the thickness of the door. I started at the lower opening and worked my way up the door. When I got to the arch, this trim bent in nicely, but when I nailed it, it snapped. It is not unbreakable! I had to buy another piece and try again (resulting in another broken piece)! Ok, so predrilling holes is an extra step, but sometimes necessary, and the third attempt worked... until I flipped the door over and found that I snagged the screen material on something and put a little tear in it!!! Well, fourth time is the charm right? Yup!

Work on the entry door starts shortly...




Categories: , , , , , ,


The arched entry door Minster Oh screening ~ Woodworking beginner

0 comments:

Post a Comment