Just another free Blogger theme

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Ive been in project planning mode! Yesterday, I was looking for a piece to convert into printer/paper/office storage and found a pair of chairs in instead. Ohio has been the land of chairs, since weve been here, Ive bought 5 chairs. Mostly for our new house.

It is reeeeeally cold and windy here and winter hasnt started, Im scared. Yesterday I had to fight the wind to get to the front door and when I got inside I realized that half of my shopping bag had blown out in the driveway.

BUT the thrifting is SO good!! Look at those arms!! I just about died. Getting closer, I saw the $35 price tag, I was so excited. I was on the fence because I wasnt sure about the front legs (no pic, but there is more detail on the front, I figured if it bugged me too much I could fix them somehow). Good condition, price, and there was a pair! Sold!

Project 1:



Were planning on replacing the back cushion for one that is square and no tufting. Those arms are so pretty, I dont want too much competing with them.


When I got home, I came up with a few fabric options and shared on Instagram (thanks for your input, insta friends!). Im leaning towards a solid velvet (maybe a print on the back panel, but probably not). The stain is worn, but not horrible, I might leave it as is for now, or I might paint it white or black. 

Project 2: 

My office (in Ohio) 

Last week I worked on an article for Houzz on panels to conceal those pesky wires (see end of post for link)

Im finally getting around to reupholstering my chair (legs have been spray painted black). 

Ive narrowed it down to black and white stripe. I picked up some fabric from Ikea, its heavy weight, like duck cloth. Has anyone used it to upholster furniture? I want to make sure the quality is good before spending time .. 


and Kravet Xu Garden (sorry for the bad photoshop, I just dropped it in there) 


Project 3: 

Also, Im probably going to be swapping my desk for this one (found at Goodwill). If I do, Ill use my existing desk as a side table. Unfortunately the top corner is damaged so it will be easiest to paint, Im thinking about leaving the drawers wood. We are currently without a t.v. stand so we temporarily had it here .. since then, its been sanded and waiting for primer. 


So, tons of project ideas floating around my head! David is going to Baltimore at the end of the week for work .. so Ill have lots of time on my hands, hopefully Ill get a few things done!

--

Heres a first look at my office (first image is before :)! Make sure to check out my article on Houzz - how to have an open desk and hide wires! 


Hide Cords in Style With DIY Graphic Panels

Remodeling, decorating, and more ∨

Home improvement can start with something as minor as installing track lighting or a ceiling fan.
Work with a home decorator when choosing floor rugs or hanging new window shades in your home.


Projects!! A pair of chairs a chair and a desk Houzz Article ~ Woodworking beginner

0 comments:

Post a Comment