Just another free Blogger theme

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 24, 2014

After some touch up sanding, I have started the staining process. I think I have a pretty good match on the color, although I opted for Early American instead of Fruitwood. The Fruitwood just wasnt coming out as planned, and Early American is very close (the existing color is several years old). As I said in an earlier post, with good sanding techniques there will be little repair work on the finish when it comes to staining. Good sanding makes the finishing much easier!
I am also making a small mailbox door and frame for the mail delivery slot next to this door, and here is a picture of that.
The second and third pictures are the door after two coats of stain, with the old mailbox door as a color comparison. The other side of the door is still bare.



Categories: , , , , , , , ,


The arched top door Minster Oh The staining has begun! ~ Woodworking beginner

0 comments:

Post a Comment