Just another free Blogger theme

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 27, 2014

I love sweets but not all the sugar and unhealthy fats (yes I love the occasional cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake) but on a more regular basis I prefer something that tastes great and is still pretty healthy!

So I thought I would share with you some of my healthier sweet favorites ... 

Awhile ago I stopped drinking soda, but I still like having something carbonated ... so I swapped it for seltzer water.


Seltzer water is calorie and sugar free and has no artificial flavorings. I love it plain, but if I want something a little special I will make lemonade with Stevia (a natural calorie free sweetener).


Doesnt that look perfect for a hot summer day?

Seltzer water with a splash of juice is also great, like a fruit spritzer without the calories of just juice.

and for dessert ... I recently discovered Chocolate Covered Katie and boy have I been missing out! Katie posts the most amazing healthy recipes that dont sacrifice taste. Ive only made a few but cant wait to try more. Here are some of my favorites ...

via
Chocolate Fudge Pie - This is so rich and fudgy you wont believe what the main ingredient is ... tofu, yes you did read that right, tofu ... it makes it thick and trust me, follow Katies recipe and it will taste nothing like it!  

and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip - This is also thick and really tastes like the real thing, but without butter, eggs and flour - which have been substituted with white beans - trust me, you are going to want to try it! Check out Katies recipe here


I love to eat it right off the spoon or with graham crackers - Katie also has a baked version if thats more your style.

I am by no means a dietician, but these are some healthier treats that I like to eat to satisfy my sweet tooth!

Do you have any favorite healthy substitutions? 
Categories: , , , , ,


a few of my favorite treats ~ Woodworking beginner

0 comments:

Post a Comment